Dear Fellow Artists,

I am still an amateur who does this just for fun. I have no formal art schooling and know I yet have much to learn.

Now that I have that out of the way...Is there some size-adjustable rectangular viewing tool used by artists to help them view an area as they're putting together a peice while checking into possibilities of placement and proportion and visualizing it within a certain small space? I was thinking such a thing would not only be ultra-handy for creating collages, but for drawing as well. I have several different ruler-triangular-doohikies, and they don't quite do the trick.

For now, I'm stuck cutting out strips of cardboard and taping them together in the size and shape needed for a given piece, and it's getting old.


Jeff Taylor

Views: 64

Reply to This


First assemblage 7 Replies

Started by Drager Meurtant. Last reply by Todd Bartel Feb 6.

Can a diorama be an assemblage? 4 Replies

Started by Peter Hausamann. Last reply by Todd Bartel Feb 6.

submissions wanted 2 Replies

Started by Denise Enck. Last reply by Denise Enck Nov 11, 2017.


© 2019   Created by Cecil Touchon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service