http://www.soulcollage.com/

Do you have a big pile of images you have saved in the closet or under the bed that you have been waiting to figure out what to do with? Following the simple SoulCollage® directions, your hands move fragments of cut-out magazine pictures around, fitting them together in a surprising new way and gluing them down on a card. Cards containing the images you select -- or the images that select you -- come straight through your Soul, bypassing the mind...

Views: 284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stephen, have you done this?

Hi Diane, Thanks for commenting!  Yes, I went to a one-day class a few years back and found it thoroughly enjoyable to be with maybe 10 r 15 other people cutting out images.  I can't recall if my piece was discussed for its meaning, but I've been toying with the idea of contacting the woman who lead the class and letting her know about this Society if she doesn't already. 

Interesting idea that seems to be at odds with creative choice and composition. However, I can see how picking certain unforeseen images, like a lucky dip, can manifest a message. Creative ideas and themes could come from that approach. Sometimes, after collecting a pile of images, a theme, or collage idea presents itself. I never know if it is a result of the collected pieces, or I chose those pieces to suit my subconscious collage idea. Most probably a bit of both.

This is definitely a cool idea. While the 'randomness' makes me a little nervous, it seems like that may be a good cure when I get 'stuck'. Thanks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

Posting to membership- 2 Replies

Started by Felicia Belair-Rigdon. Last reply by Jemison Roger Beshears Jul 7, 2021.

Call for Artists: A Book About Death / Tribute to Ray Johnson

Started by Janice McDonald Jul 27, 2019.

Members

© 2024   Created by Cecil Touchon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service